Our Puppy Health Guarantee
We offer a variety of guarantees for your new puppy.
When you adopt a puppy from The Puppy Store -Vineyard, our relationship continues even after you take your puppy home! We do our very best to ensure that each puppy is healthy. But puppies are living creatures, and there is always the chance that they may become ill. We do our best to avoid that by taking preventive measures. Each puppy has regular veterinarian exams and vaccinations while they are in our care.The health of our puppies are important to us even after they are taken to their forever home, that’s why if your new puppy does become ill, we guarantee to try to make it right.
We offer a free 20 day viral guarantee with each puppy. In addition, we offer an affordable two year genetic health guarantee with medical vet bills paid and an optional 12 year Puppy Furever guarantee for purchase!
All of our puppies come from local, reliable breeders and shelters who are licensed and in compliance with all state and federal laws. We have a licensed veterinarian check the health of our puppies regularly, de-worm them, and ensure that they are up to date on all their vaccinations.
There is no better feeling than delivering a cute furry bundle of joy to their new forever home. We want to keep you and your puppy happy by asking you to take a few precautionary measures to ensure your puppy is healthy and will live a long happy life. Here’s what you must do:
Here’s what you should do:
- Take your puppy to a licensed veterinarian within 3 business days. (The exam must be performed by a licensed veterinarian.)
- Keep and maintain a copy of the exam or medical record results. Not taking your puppy to the vet within 3 days after receiving your puppy may void the guarantee. We understand life happens and sometimes vet appointments cannot occur sooner than 3 days. If this is the case, all we ask is that you communicate with us so we can update your puppy’s information in our system.
- Note: Your puppy will come with up-to-date vaccinations and will be de-wormed, so make sure you do not give an additional vaccine to your puppy within the first ten days unless otherwise instructed by your vet. It is the new owner’s responsibility to continue proper de-worming and monthly exams up to the age of 16 weeks or more as recommended by the vet.
- Keep proof of the healthcare and maintenance records or your puppy, including vaccinations and exams in your personal files.
Exceptions To The Lifetime Guarantee
We do not guarantee: personality, conformation, constitution, final size or weight, coloration, markings, or the breeding ability once your puppy is grown.
- Heart murmurs grades 1 or 2 pose no threat to your puppy and are not covered under this guarantee. These grades of murmurs are usually transient as your puppy is still a baby and its entire organism is still developing.
- Hip dysplasia is covered for one year only.
- This guarantee will not cover spaying or neutering or undescended testes.
- This 12 year guarantee is a credit towards the purchase of another puppy
- If you cannot show proof of your puppy’s regular veterinary care and or timely vaccinations this will void the guarantee.
12 Year Puppy Furever Guarantee
In the unforeseen event where your puppy passes away due to a genetic or hereditary disorder, the 12 Year Puppy Furever Guarantee provides you with a 100% store credit within the first year. If the death occurs in years two through twelve, you are entitled to a 50% store credit towards the adoption cost of a new puppy. Note: the cause of death will be certified by a licensed pathologist. Make sure to choose this option at checkout.
Additional Adoption Details
- Vaccines – Your new puppy will be up to date on vaccines. Vaccine schedules may vary but generally every puppy has at least two basic 5 way vaccines which protect against Parvo, Distemper, Adeno types 1 & 2 and Parainfluenza.
- Vet Checked – Per state law and before shipping or local pickup your puppy is vet checked by a licensed veterinarian. If you puppy is being delivered the puppy will have a certified health certificate.
- De-wormed – Every puppy is de-wormed at least once. From time to time it may be necessary to de-worm your puppy one or two more times. This is fairly common and considered maintenance and not covered under the guarantee
- Microchip Activated With Amber Alert – Your puppy will already have a microchip safely embedded in him or her. This microchip will be automatically registered to your name and address. This service is free for life and does not require a monthly membership fee. When you receive your paperwork we recommend that your login to the microchip Petkey account to name your puppy and update your puppy’s profile with a picture of your puppy. Our microchip service comes with a 15 mile amber alert in the case a puppy gone missing. Every vet practice, rescue, and shelter will be notified within 15 miles that your puppy is missing. A great way to make sure you puppy is found safe, sound, and quickly.
- FREE Online Puppy Training – As an extra value added service Petkey also offers a comprehensive puppy training video library. Simply login to view the video library.
- FREE Over The Phone Puppy Training
- FREE 20 Day Viral Guarantee – Our 20 day viral guarantee includes any viral illness such as puppy colds. We will cover up to $500 towards, medications, x-rays, or any other veterinarian service related to the viral illness.
- 2 Year Genetic Guarantee Available –Our 2 year genetic health guarantee covers your puppies heart, lungs, kidneys, hips, knees, and any most other genetic health issues. We will cover up to 100% of the purchase price of your new puppy toward medical bills. The only exception to this guarantee that is not covered are non-lifestyle altering genetic issues such as open fontanels, low grade heart murmurs, low grade patella issues, and or dental issues.
- 12 Year Puppy Furever Guarantee Available – If your puppy was to pass away due to a genetic issue that is covered under this guarantee, you would receive a 100% credit in the first year, and a 50% credit in years two through twelve towards the purchase of a new puppy. Heaven forbid this should happen, but rest assured your investment is safe.
- Vet Checked With Health Certificate – Every puppy is vet checked healthy. If you puppy is being shipped out to you your puppy will include a certified health certificate.
- Starter Food and Vitamin Kit – Included with your puppy is a basic food and vitamin kit which includes a small bag of food, and a syringe with a high calorie vitamin.
We appreciate our customers and care about each and every puppy.
Have a sick puppy? Need to file a claim?
Join our Puppy Newsletter!
Get up to date information on how to take care of your puppy, as well as events we host and see the newest puppies we get in our store!