Dog training is a fun bonding activity for canine parents and their pooches. But before jumping into the whole training process, dog owners must prepare and try to understand the basics of training and what they are getting into.
Benefits of Dog Training
Like every dog is different, training needs may also be unique for every dog and owner. It can be easy and natural to some dogs to learn new commands and tricks while it may be challenging to others. Patience and perseverance is very important in dog training. Puppies are naturally very eager to learn but they can be stubborn as well. Training any pet can be an intimidating task, but with the right attitude, consistency, and hard work, all efforts will surely pay off and lead to success. It is also important for dog owners and trainers to have fun and enjoy the activity with their loyal pet. Don’t forget that dog training is also a beautiful journey and not just a destination.
Trainings you can give your dog
- House/Potty training
- Crate training
- Obedience training
- Leash training
- Clicker training
- Basic commands and tricks
- Advanced commands and tricks
Basic commands in dog training
- Down/Lay down
- Give it/Drop it
Top trainable dog breeds according to American Kennel Club:
- Border Collie
- German Shepherd Dog
- Golden Retrievers
- Doberman Pinscher
- Shetland Sheepdog
- Labrador Retriever
- Australian Cattle Dog
- Pembroke Welsh Corgi
- Miniature Schnauzer
- English Springer Spaniel
Training will strengthen the bond you have with your pet while improving their behavior at the same time. There are plenty of resources out there to see what type of training works best for you and your dog. Remember to stay positive and consistent when starting out. It is important not to give up just because it might be hard at first. While it is true that dogs are man’s best friends, it doesn’t automatically mean that you have an instant connection with them. It takes effort on your part to really bond with your dog and to ensure he or she feels safe and loved. Training is not something that can happen overnight, but if you’re willing to put in the effort then the results will come. With the many pet blogs out there, you need to ensure that the advice and guidance you’re providing are factual.
For a lot of possible reasons, training your dog on your own can be difficult to accomplish. When dog training is hardly effective, it can be very frustrating and stressful for you and your furry buddy. Dealing with all the research and activities for the training can be very overwhelming for you. When you’re having trouble with handling the training alone, it is best to seek professionals to do this for you and your dog. Hiring a trainer is not just for the sake of your dog, but also for you and your whole family. Investing your time, energy, and money to a good dog training service can be one of the best decisions you will make. Don’t forget to check if your dog is eligible for any training programs and make sure they are ready before anything else.
Looking for reliable dog training
- Know your needs first before anything else since it will determine whether the types of training that are available will work for you and your dog or not.
- Do some research on different types of trainers available in your area – there’s no one-size-fits all trainer!
- Ask around for recommendations from friends who have dogs or check online blogs and reviews.
- Talk with a few trainers to see if their philosophies and methods align with what you’re looking for. Make sure to ask about rates and any additional costs (like travel, if applicable).
- Be sure they have experience in dealing with dogs that are similar to your pup and have a good number of positive reviews from their past clients.
- Get references from people you trust before making a decision, and if you can, do a consultation for free so you can get a better idea on what the trainer’s methods are.
- Lastly, make sure that both you and your dog are ready for the training process to begin. It can be a long and challenging journey, but it’s definitely worth it in the end.
Sign up for a training class and get started!
Cedar City Pet Supply in Cedar City, Utah offers professional classes to help your furry friend receive the training she or he needs. Cedar Pet Supply offers classes for both puppies and dogs and you can sign up on their website.